Monday, January 2, 2012

Momentum

Just have to vent this out. One of those awesome self-empowering moments, the likes of which I'm sure you've many of you have had before.

Was nearing the end of my workout today, and just wasn't feeling it when I reached that last exercise. I was tired, sweaty, and hot, and dammit I just didn't feel like doing it.

But fuck it. Pushed myself to do it anyway. Someone out there was forcing themselves to keep going, and there was no way I was going to quit out.

Bottom line, finished it, and feel stronger (mentally, not just physically) because of it.



Momentum and habit are some of the strongest tools we have as human beings, especially when they're harnessed for the betterment of ourselves or others.  It'll take time to build up enough momentum or for a habit to become natural, but when they do there's no stopping you. 


On a final note, don't neglect to do those PC exercises. They'll improve your overall health (not to mention the pleasure for you and your partner). 

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you on this ~

    Nice to meet you ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel better when I push myself just that little bit more during exercise. I know how you felt :)

    Take care. Sky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Soren. I know you only recently started following my blog. I wonder if you'd email me so that I may invite you to continue reading? I have had to privatize my blog. I have a sick stalker who took my blog posts, created a fake FL profile and then sent me a link with the posts and all the nasty comments. Unreal! Thanks so much for reading my blog. Take care. Sky.

    ReplyDelete